Thursday, November 16, 2006

Missing Mom-made food :(

Whenever you are planning to go to a new place... there's one thing you'll be worried about for sure........FOOD :)!!!

Before I flew to Muscat, food was one thing that mom, dad, my friends and just anyone who cared for me was worried about...

Bangalore... 8th Nov

I and my friend finished our work hurriedly at office, met at a mall... brainstormed on what things I’ll need to buy before I leave for Muscat...

We picked up all kinds of MTR stuff :)... Ready to eat Tomato rice, Tamarind rice and not to forget my Rasam rice too :D.... I had never tried these before...
I had only tried MTR puliogre mix... but you'll need to cook rice for the puliogre mix..!!!

So my buddy very well knew that I am one BIG lazy goose, He made things simpler for me :D...
He told me to simply buy the ready-to-eat stuff... so that I could just boil water and put these into it...and then my recipe would be ready :) !!!! I was just thinking... mmm....cooking all these is surely gonna be one major experiment in Muscat for me... :)

And added to these, mom also packed my favorite kajjaya and chakli :))... and gojju... for the rice...

Muscat... 16th Nov

Its 5 days in Muscat now... and I haven't unpacked my bags completely...I didn’t even get a chance to have a look at my ready-to-eat MTR rasam-tamarind-tomato rice :| :( ..... I have kept them for my weekend experiments :) !!!!

For now...I am thriving on burgers and sandwiches at the canteen in office....mostly for the breakfast and lunch everyday !!! :(

But I still feel relieved coz amazingly the location Ruwi, where I am put up... is the Indian part of Muscat !!!! :)...And I was shocked to know that there's...
- Kamat
- Saravana Bhavan
- Gujarati hotels
- Udupi Hotels
- Khana khazana....... and many more of these in Ruwi...which have come to my rescue now :)


I had a chance to go to a Gujju hotel and also Saravana Bhavan for dinner so far... tasted the yummy masala dosa there :))) ....
Sitting there in Saravana, along with my colleagues... I really can't tell you how nostalgic I was... whatever it is.....believe me...Nothing can ever beat Mom-made food !!!!!! :(((

3 comments:

Vinay said...

it would be gr8...if u can unpack it and cook it sooon!!

Swetha Dua said...

ya its high time i did that... Its my first weekend here... so will do that tomorrow :))

Varun said...

Very nice blog... Keep it going.... start cooking.... Seem like you have no work in Muscat.... :)